The decision to file for bankruptcy is often one of the hardest choices that a person has to make in their lifetime. Poor planning can often make the process even harder. It goes without saying that filing for bankruptcy should be a last resort, and should only be done when all other methods of satisfying one’s financial obligations have been exhausted. However, if your situation has become so severe that you are in danger of foreclosure, garnished wages or repossessions, or are facing debts that you are in no position to pay, putting off the inevitable can have devastating consequences. Procrastination can cost you your car, your wages, and even your home. Filing your case in a timely fashion can spare you these losses.
- If you are close to foreclosure on your home, declaring bankruptcy may stop this going forward and even create a payment structure that will help you pay off your arrears.
- Large medical bills combined with a loss of employment, or on their own can create a nearly impossible financial hole to climb out of. Bankruptcy can help you in this situation and possibly reduce or even wipe away your medical bills.
- Bankruptcy can stop harassing creditors from turning up on your doorstep, especially if they are being unfairly pushy or unreasonable or are fraudulently trying to take more than you owe.
- If your utilities have been shut off, bankruptcy will help restore these so you do not have to live in darkness.
- Although your student loans will not disappear, bankruptcy may help you to consolidate those debts and pay them off in a reasonable time frame.
- Bankruptcy will end wage garnishment, which means you will be able to afford life’s necessities.
You may have more than one of these issues overlapping in your life and bankruptcy may be the best and most logical way to start your financial life over.
Your Birmingham and Tuscaloosa bankruptcy lawyers can explain all of your options to you. You will not be pressured to hire me, or file a bankruptcy case. Your Birmingham and Tuscaloosa bankruptcy lawyers will explain your options to you for free.
How to Get Help and Get Out of Debt
When you are ready to get out from under your crushing debt, Melinda Dionne a call at 205-349-5911 (Tuscaloosa) or 205-453-1012 (Birmingham) or click here. When you call, tell our assistant that you are a website reader and she will set you up with a free, no obligation, consultation to see how Melinda can help you start living again.
Tuscaloosa Office: 9217 Old Greensboro Road, Tuscaloosa, Alabama 35405 (205) 349-5911; Birmingham Office: 4 Office Park Circle, Suite 214, Birmingham, Alabama 35223 (205) 453-1012.